Friday, September 13, 2013

Literary Lacquers: Literary Liquors part 1


I am lucky enough to get to show you the newest collection from Literary Lacquers - today let's visit my favorites!
If you have talked to me about LL, you know that I think Amy is the Queen of Holo. Always unique, never dull, and always thoughfully inspired. I literally cannot get enough of her amazing creations!



Needless to say I was very excited to hear one of my favorite books had been visited for inspiration. The Hitchhiker's guide has been a quirky favorite for so many people over the years, and I think most of us can admit we could have used a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster at some point or another..I know I sure have lately!



A truly stunning teal explosion of holo and micro glitter, Pan is brilliant in any sort of light. This is the kind of polish that causes car crashes! Application was perfect, as always with LL - smooth on the nail, quick to dry and easy to clean. This polish may cause distraction, glee, astonishment and running from sun beam to sun beam as you stare hungrily at your nails! Amy said she knew I would love this one, and she was right - I think I could wear this color forever. It definitely smacks you in the face with it's holo glory!





I'm Drinking Stars was inspired by "Still Life with Woodpecker" by Tom Robbins, specifically the story of the monk who discovered champagne. Much like that wonderfully fizzy drink, Stars is a light, champagne holo with lovely little microflecks.


I was just laughing about this with my friend Kate, because once again I used Essie "For the twill of it" as a base color. I swear I have used that polish more than any other! Three coats of Stars later and you can't even tell. This polish is so wonderful I don't know how to explain. Thin and sheer, you think at first, ok it's pretty but is it that special? Once you get it on the nail though, something magical happens! It has an almost metallic sheen in low light, with the flecks catching your eye subtly. However, get anywhere near a source of light and suddenly a rainbow ballet is playing across each nail! The pics you see were taken in fairly cloudy weather, as it was raining all day - and still the effect is mesmerizing. I LOVE this polish!


Look how little sun I had!

Run, don't walk, to grab yourself these polishes. Okay well actually you can take your time - Amy prides herself on keeping her stores well stocked, and won't ever discontinue a polish without due warning! You can follow her on facebook to find out more, or check her out on Etsy or OverallBeauty. Please check back tomorrow for part 2, with three more beautiful polishes from this collection!



Etsy: I'm Drinking Stars
Etsy: Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

No comments:

Post a Comment