Saturday, September 21, 2013

Digital Nails "Serenity"


Today I have something real shiny to share with you! 


“Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand

I don’t care, I’m still free

You can’t take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain’t comin’ back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can’t take the sky from me
There’s no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can’t take the sky from me…”


WARNING: LONG STORY OF HOW I GOT SERENITY AHEAD. SKIP IF YOU WANT TO JUST READ THE REVIEW!     

You can probably guess just by looking at me that I am a big Firefly fan. I think it is a wonderful show with a good message about taking care of your own and standing up for what you believe is right - that's a message I want to remember to pass on to my own child. And you can imagine that I like to collect anything Firefly relate, especially things I love, such as polish! I was sad to think I would never have a bottle of Digital Nails Serenity, as it is not available in the shop anymore. There are many polishes that I see swatches of, get excited and then sad to find they are discontinued... a lot like my experience with Firefly!  



Recently I bought the Digital Nails Lemonade duo, which I will be showing you in the next few days! I managed to catch a special offer where if you bought the set you could get a cabochon pendant made with your choice of her polishes. I of course chose Serenity - at least I could have an eternal mani of it on the glass, if I would never own it myself! I was chatting with her after the purchase and I lamented to her about it no longer being available. She offered so graciously to send me a mini decanted with some from her personal bottle... a real honor! I was very excited, because I love showing my readers all sorts of indies, so even just enough for one mani works for me! Shortly after I ordered, things got crazy with my son getting sick and many other things in my life going nuts, and I forgot all about this conversation....

Until I opened my package and found two wrapped bundles instead of one. My hands shaking, I peeled back the bright paper to find... A FULL SIZED BOTTLE OF SERENITY.



 My heart fluttered, I saw stars and I thought I was going to pass out for a moment, so great was my shock. I just about died! Raphaelle took me COMPLETELY by surprise!! 

This is how I imagined Raphaelle when I messaged her freaking out about it!


I also have a gorgeous pendant of Serenity now - and it is STUNNING. If you move it even a little bit you see an insane variety of color shifts! I hung it up on my wall next to my desk so I can stare at it all day long . And this, my friends, is the story of how I recieved my very own Serenity. <3

This jewel-toned beauty is made with color shifting glitter and goes from magenta to teal depending on the angle at which it is viewed. The color shift effect works in any lighting, not just sunshine.


This polish is seriously stunning I thought I knew from the swatches I had seen online but I was wrong! When she says it changes in any light, she really means it. I used Rimmel "Black Satin" as a base and two coats of Serenity for the first group of pictures! This polish plays well with the camera, which is always awesome! If anything the color shift is stronger in person. What I love about this glitter is that it dries very smoothly - I cannot stand a gritty finish!




When I first got my package I had just tried out Enchanted Polish "Yesterday". The color shift was complimentary to the more pinkish purple shift of Serenity so I decided to try it on top. What you get is a sort of cancellation of the pinkurple ( I so just made up a word!) glitter and the blue/teal really shows itself. I personally love this look! This is two coats.


I feel a little guilty showing you this beauty when it is discontinued... but if you keep an eye out maybe you will find it in a swap someday, or recieve it in a blogger sale! If you would like to check out other Digital Nails polishes ( and you should, they are all gorgeous!) you can take a look at her Etsy, or follow her on Facebook.

By the way, do you have any rare polishes? Comment and let me know about them! Go ahead and brag - we won't hate you (too much)!

No comments:

Post a Comment