Friday, August 16, 2013

NOTD: Friday, august 16, 2013


Color club's newest creation, "The Uptown", is a stunning jelly packed with flakies.


I know I have mentioned how much I love flakies before - but can I just say, again, I FREAKING LOVE FLAKIES. Because I do. So when a new flakie polish enters the market, you can bet I have to try it!



 In my hunt for flakie goodness, I have encountered good, bad and downright disappointing formulas. "The Uptown" is actually one of the best I have found! This is a dark purple jelly holding a TON of firey flakies. This is 3 coats with Essie "After school boy blazer" as a base. 



Some people predicted this would be an Nfu-oh #51 dupe - but honestly the concentration of flakies is about 3x as much as #51 has. The jelly is not as iridescent in Uptown also, but it is still freaking gorgeous. Application is a little tricky due to how thick it is to suspend the flakies, but it dried quickly and didn't smell funky, as some color clubs do. Of course I tossed Seche vite on it, and as I am writing this a few hours later it has set well and is not thick on the nail.

I think I might have to buy a second bottle someday because this has just become a staple polish for me, along with Essie Shine of the times. I think Color club really knocked it out of the park here!



I got mine on Amazon, but I know Llarowe will be carrying it as well as the main color club site, linked below. Thanks for reading!

Amazon: The uptown
Color Club main site

No comments:

Post a Comment