Monday, August 19, 2013

Multi-versus' stash, part 2


Today I have two more beautiful polishes sent to by my friend, for review. I hope you don't mind if we revisit Big City Dandy again!


First off, let's visit the Emily de Molly.



The mineral pyrite's metallic luster and pale brass-yellow hue have earned it the nickname fool's gold - because of its superficial resemblance to gold, it tricked many people!

This polish was sheer and I consider EdM's to be a precious commodity, so I used "For the twill of it" underneath. I am starting to see a pattern here, but what can I say, it is a good undie. Two coats of "Pyrite" later and I was in love! Now normally I don't really care for grey polishes, but this one has a lot of different gold and silver hex glitters, along with holographic little guys too. The result is a wonderfully deep look, with glorious little rainbows shining through when you least expect them. It dried fairly quickly, but removal was tedious - this is one of those "glitter left on the nail with all the polish wiped away" types. Worth it for the prettiness I would say! From talking to Kate, I would say this is her favorite of the four she sent me. I would have to say it is mine as well!



naturally occuring structures in Pyrite, how cool is that!





I know this is a repeat, so forgive me, but it felt right to include it with the four polishes I borrowed from Kate. 

I am digging those glasses ... and his suit reminds me alot of this polish, color wise!


This is a black based polish with a deep blue shimmer all throughout. It may not sound like much, but on the nail it is very nice, and the application is great for a black polish. I think it has such a good lay and drying time, I have found myself using it for undies when a polish calls for black. Despite being packed full of blue glitter, it is not difficult to clean up. I would call this a bit of a sleeper - you don't realize just how awesome it is until you try it for yourself!




Thanks for tuning in, my lovely readers - please follow me with GFC or bloglovin' if you have the time, I really appreciate it! Also, please check out my 150 Likes contest going on now through August 26 - I have some really awesome prizes that you could win!

Lucky 13 shop
Lucky 13 facebook
Emily de Molly Llarowe
Emily de Molly Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment