Saturday, August 17, 2013

Digital Nails "Leviathan"



Though my pictures hardly do it justice, I still must share the gorgeous Leviathan, a duochrome glitter topper.
I never watched Farscape, but I keep meaning to. It always seemed like it would be right up my alley - I am not so secretly a huge Star trek nerd. This gorgeous polish, based on the ship Leviathan from the series, was calling to me when I was window shopping Digital nails' Etsy. I was trying to decide between this and Galactica - after reading that it was limited edition I knew I had to go for it, and boy am I so glad I did. Galactica will definitely come in the future though!


source: http://acciolacquer.com/
Raphaelle says: "This multi-toned beauty is made with rare and very expensive color shifting glitter and goes from royal blue flecked with purple to amber depending on the angle at which it is viewed. You may recognize it from the unfortunately discontinued Ozotic Pro Elytra series. The color shift effect works in any lighting, not just sunshine. I can't help but stare at my hands when I wear this polish, and no matter what you do, no photos can do it justice. " She was not kidding. I was so frustrated trying to take pictures of this!

Tellin' that camera what for!


The polish is more sheer than I expected, so I went into my collection to find a good polish to wear underneath it. First I tried Chroma chameleon "Cobalt" as an undie, thinking it matched well what I saw in the bottle. Well I was right, it actually matched TOO well! I could only see the orange color shift and the blue got lost, but it was gorgeous just the same. Here I first encountered the camera issue - my eye was seeing orange and my camera was only seeing blue. 



I decided to try Essie "After school boy blazer" as undies, and since this is the second time I have done so in as many days, I decided some pictures of it were in order. So here it is, a deep creamy blue that is almost black, surprisingly the blue comes out best in natural house lighting. It applies smoothly and dries in an okay amount of time, and only needs 2 coats to be streak free. I like it more than I thought I would!




This was a better choice, but my camera still can't handle the beautiful micro glitter. I will have to revisit this polish when I have a better camera, which will hopefully be soon! It shifts from a gorgeous blue to purple, with red at the edges peeking through. I took a walk and kept staring at my nails - so gorgeous! It applied well, and dried fairly quickly. This is two coats with seche vite.




If you are interested in picking this up, I would hurry, as it is limited in availabilty. This is a really unique duochrome, and deserves a place in your collection! You can find Digital nails' Etsy here, or check her out on facebook for updates and new polish announcements.

Leviathan, away!
Direct link to Leviathan!



No comments:

Post a Comment