Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nails of the day" August 27, 2013


I took a small break yesterday - Having my nails break sort of put me in a creative funk. Then I got a lovely package in the mail from a Reddit friend with my prize from a contest she had held - 3 rainbow honeys! Today I have one of them over Literary Lacquers "Raspberry Cordial?"!



I just adore Anne of green gables, and I love that LL created a whole collection based on the beloved series. Anne, most excited to have finally found her bosom buddy in Diana, was proud and excited to share Marilla's Raspberry cordial with her. Unfortunately, there was a mixup, and she instead served the young girl a rather large amount of Currant wine! This lead to a terrible period where she was not allowed to so much as speak to Diana, a time of much despair for Anne. 

"When Anne came back from the kitchen Diana was drinking her second glassful of cordial; and, being entreated thereto by Anne, she offered no particular objection to the drinking of a third. The tumblerfuls were generous ones and the raspberry cordial was certainly very nice."

Amy's "Raspberry Cordial?" is a lovely sheer pink holo, with pink holographic micro glitter scattered throughout. On the first coat you might doubt that it will be enough on it's own, but by the third it is has a lovely opaqueness. I am not normally too crazy about pinks, but this one is so beautiful I am happy to wear it long after swatch pictures! It dries quickly and the holographic effect is linear and strong, with a hint of it appearing indoors as well. Amy prides herself on making "office holos", for those of you that don't get to go outside but still want glorious nails at work! I think the little pink holo glitters make it appear fizzy and light.  



I used to work as a swim teacher for small children, and around that time I had found many of my old "My little pony" dolls, as well as receiving a container full of my friend's. At that time, Hasbro released a show for young girls - My little pony". Now you probably live under a rock if you don't at least know about it, or it's fans. Now I would definitely not call myself a Brony, but I do enjoy the message the show has about friendship and kindness. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy have always been my two favorites of the group, so I was psyched to receive the Rainbow honey polishes inspired by them from Kimi! 




Over 2 coats of Raspberry cordial I applied 3 of Pinkie promise. It has a sheer gold shimmer packed with all sorts of glitter - hex of all sizes and (party) colors, bar and circular. It looks like someone exploded a party all over your nails!

Exactly like this!
For a glitter, this polish was easy to apply, with equal distribution of large and small glitters alike. It really manages to capture the essence of Pinkie pie - streamers, balloons and part favors! The golden shimmer covered the holo effect from RC completely, and actually turned it a creamy cupcake pink. I think I like this combination!


If you are interested in picking up either of these polishes for yourself, you can check out the links below - Thanks for reading, hope you are having a wonderful day!

Literary lacquers - Raspberry Cordial
Literary Lacquers - facebook
Rainbow honey - Pinkie promise
Rainbow honey - Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment