Thursday, August 29, 2013

Let's get to know: Gothic Gala Lacquers


Today I present two vampy, glitter packed polishes from Gothic Gala Lacquers. 

**I was sent these polishes with the understanding I would give an honest and thorough review.**

First off, how lovely is her packing job? The polishes came tucked in a bed of crazy paper shreds and metallic spirals, along with a handmade lollipop and a business card. I had to keep the whole box up high so it didn't make it's way into baby hands - very enticing no matter what age you are!




My favorite of the two polishes sent to me was "Welcome to the ball". It made me think of one of my favorite movies, The Labyrinth! 





I love welcome to the ball. It's an almost graphite colored grey HOLO base with square and hex glitter of all different sizes - most of which are ALSO HOLO. I did not originally know it was holo, so imagine my surprise when I encountered light! Needless to say I am happy that Samantha sends full sized blogger samples, because this is definitely going to get a lot of use. The glitter reminds me of Emerald & Ash. I love the rough feel and glints of rainbows this sort of hex provides! Application was easy and cleanup wasn't terrible, though the hex do need some extra soaking to knock loose. 



I went searching for anything related to Sinderella and managed to find this perfect drawing, unfortunately it was not sited. If you know who drew this please feel free to let me know and I will give credit!


Sinderella's slipper is a clear based topper with round black, red and blue glitter, as well as larger black and red hearts. I loved what Accio did with it - she used it as a sort of top of the nail gradient, which looked fab. I wanted to show a more all over look, on a darker base. Application was tricky - honestly it gave me a lot of trouble, but my skills with larger glitter are still developing. I actually tried two times to get this manicure, and used the fridge trick to get the polish to cooperate. Once I did, the look was very strong and different from what I normally go for. I like how the hearts capture the light, and I think I need to try it over a nice red next time. Cleanup was about what you would expect from a glitter - it wasn't too bad!


It has been fun to watch Gothic Gala's ascension into the polish world. Her shop is still small, but she is working hard on many new ideas. I look forward to seeing what other creations she has for us! Part of what I love about the indie world is how you can sort of follow people from the ground floor, and watch them flourish into something successful. 



 If you want to pick up some of her polish for yourself, you can check out her shop on Etsy, or go like her on facebook! Once again, thank you for taking the time to read my blog! If you have a favorite up and coming polish maker, please feel free to link them in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment