Friday, August 23, 2013

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics - Blind melon & Spectraflair!


Today I have two more beautiful polishes from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics - a Spectraflair blend and Blind Melon!
Chances are if you were around in the early 90's you can easily bring to mind the catchy song "No rain" by Blind melon. The bee girl was pretty iconic and I can remember watching the video as a young girl. Emily took the essence of Bee girl and put her into a delightful glitter topcoat. There are black, white, and gold hex and squares of various sizes, as well as a few bar glitters floating around in there.


I wanted to do something special for this glitter, so I walked to rite-aid, purchased the only yellow I could find and tried saran wrap nails with it. I actually dig how this turned out, even though yellow is not normally my color of choice. This is 2 coats of Blind melon on top. The glitter applied well, with only a little adjusting on the nail. As always, Emily's polishes dry quickly, especially with Seche vite. I think she managed to find a good balance between medium and small glitter.


So you can get a clearer shot of what the glitters look like, I took a picture of it over the yellow - Sally Hansen Extreme "Mellow Yellow". 



Next up is Spectraflair. Emily is absolutely nutty for the stuff... she told me recently that if she could, she would paint her house with it! I don't blame her for being obsessed, this stuff has a wonderful way of catching the light both indoors and outside!



This formula is jam packed with spectraflair, enough you can wear it without a base if you so choose. I put a single layer of light grey underneath to ensure no visible nail line, then painted 3 thin coats of spectraflair. The result was a stunning silver, as beautiful in the house as it was in the rare bit of sun I could find today. I wish I had sprung the money for the large, as Emily's definitely has the most pigment I have seen for a SF polish!



I look forward to showing you more of Emily's gorgeous polishes soon - she has something very meaningful in the works as well as a Fall line of polishes soon to be released! You can check out her facebook or etsy for more info - She sells small, medium and large sized bottles at really reasonable prices.

Thanks for reading!



Blind melon - No rain 1992

Spectraflair
Blind melon 

No comments:

Post a Comment