Saturday, November 23, 2013

Let's Get to Know: Rebel Rainbow Lacquer!


I am lucky enough to get to show you three beautiful polishes from the "She's a Rainbow" collection by Rebel Rainbow, a great homage to many essential Hits from the Eighties!

I am a big fan of the eighties, so when I was first browsing her store I was already intrigued. The collection names will leave you humming eighties songs the rest of the night, let me warn you! I found myself watching far too many eighties vids on youtube while swatching these!

And dancing! or Prancercizing, w/e.

Crack that whip is green with a teal shift and scattered holo sparkles. 


Whip is heavily pigmented, which means you need less to get full opaqueness! I like to smooth out my coats with the brush lightly after application to prevent any brush strokes on the heavier pigmented polishes - it's so worth it for the effect! The holo sparkles are sublte but pleasant and obvious enough even in low lighting. I liked the teal/green color shift... this polish is so vibrant! Dry time was great with my Seche Vite fast drying topcoat. 


Next up is Strange Fascination, a fine scattered holo topcoat.


 I went ahead and put a coat of it over Whip to show how it effects a polish! As you can see it is in a clear base, and I found it did not kill the color shift in Crack that Whip, but it did seem to refract it. If you want a rainbow on your fingers this is a great way to get them - the spectrum of colors was bright and flashy! I love a good scattered holo, and this topcoat is a great way to bring it to any polish. Dry time was average, I made sure to wrap my tips with the topcoat to prevent shrinkage from applying a polish over an already dry layer.


Both of the other polishes were pretty, but Wang Chung has definitely got my heart from the three! Chung is a LE holographic multichrome that shows purple, blue and even some green!


This is a hard polish to photograph! As you can see, there are multiple colors that show on the nail at any one time according to lighting and angle. Application was smooth and easy, with two layers bringing it to complete opacity. The holo effect is that lovely ingrained sort that really makes me giddy! I recommend grabbing this unique multi-chrome while it is still available, you won't want to miss this!


 There are a bunch of other colors with names that are sure to get your feet tapping, so go take a peek! The shop is set to open in the next few weeks, and you can follow Rebel Rainbow Lacquers on FB to see what else Allison has up her sleeve! Thanks for reading - I'll just be over here rocking to the three hour eighties hits video I found on youtube!


Rebel Rainbow Storenvy 
Crack that whip
Strange Fascination

No comments:

Post a Comment