Thursday, November 7, 2013

Let's Get to know: Polish Yer Hooves!


Today I have a really cute brand to show you - Polish Yer Hooves! Take a look at these glittery heifers!

I got approached by Leigh Anne, the creator, to review a few of her "Stargazers" collection, a group of textured polishes that are jelly based packed with scattered holo!

Looking for a cow gif, this is the most awesome one I found!

The stargazers are so packed full of holo pigment, they can be a bit gritty after drying. I used two generous coats for what you see here, then a layer of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics "Glitterslayer" to smooth the whole thing out. In fact, all the pictures you see here that are smooth are using Glitterslayer. You can also choose scents for your polish - It is quite strong, even after topcoat and drying. I liked "Opium" and "Streusal".

 First up is a lovely pearl white, Divine Bovine.


The stargazers are so packed full of holo pigment, they can be a bit gritty after drying. I used two generous coats for what you see here, then a layer of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics "Glitterslayer" to smooth the whole thing out. In fact, all the pictures you see here that are smooth are using Glitterslayer, just so you know. 

Divine is very light and pretty, catching the light however you turn your hand. The holo effect is definitely scattered, and very pretty. The polish dries pretty much in the average amount of time, I do recommend giving a minute or so between coats - good policy for any polish, really. 



Next up, a sky blue jelly with lovely scattered holo - one of my favorites!


I am a big fan of jelly based polish, I love how deep and squishy they can look! Blue Mooon seems to suspend the holo pigment within, a lovely look. The layer of Glitterslayer added that extra squish that makes my heart go Mooo! Dry time was average, and I kept smelling my fingers ( This is the one I got in Opium!). The holo pigment caught light easily, creating a sky full of rainbow stars.


Last of the Stargazers I was sent is the pretty pinkish purple "Purple cow".


While I would consider this more pink than purple, the color is very pretty either way! I found the holo effect to be a little less strong in this one, though you still get a great scattered silver shimmer from the pigment. Three coats and a layer of Glitterslayer created the squishiness you see below. Please forgive my super nubbins, unfortunately after swatching Blue Mooon I had a nail tragedy that resulted in having to trim down.


I was happy to see Leigh Anne also included a sample of her lovely brown holo, Yippee-I-Ay Cow Patty!"



There have been a lot of browns thrown around this season, and I am getting used to the idea of brown holo. This one is a great, very strong scattered holo. The base is a sheer cream, and two generous layers dries smooth and opaque. I still used a layer of topcoat, of course, and it didn't weaken the holo effect. Dry time was a bit quicker than the jellies. I also love her cute little sample bottle - the top was much better than your average mini bottle when it comes to holding and application!



Do you want to grab one of these Bovine Beauties for yourself? Take a look at Leigh Anne's Etsy or FB page! I hope to bring you more polishes from this whimsical brand soon. Thanks for reading!


Etsy Page
Fb Page

Glitterslayer listing
Divine Bovine Listing
Blue Mooon Listing
The Purple Cow Listing
Cow Patty Listing

No comments:

Post a Comment