Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Let's Get to Know: Femme Fatale Cosmetics!


I recently was approached by the company Femme Fatale Cosmetics, a polish maker and stockist located in Australia! I'm very pleased to get to show you four lovely polishes from their in house brand.



I paid shipping for my blogger review pack, but I would have gladly paid the whole amount - these are awesome! There is something in the water down under, because they make amazing polish almost across the board. Now if only they didn't have spiders so big they can eat birds...

Cute Koala gif to scrub that image from your mind!
First up is a lovely blue to purple holo duochrome. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the first one I would be swatching!



The color is very rich, with a beautiful shift in all lights. The formula applied smoothly, and I only needed two coats to get opacity. The holo was also very strong, and was not dulled by the layer of Seche Vite I topped the whole thing off with. Still, I would consider the holo to be a scattered linear. The shift starts out a light blue and hits purple with pink tones. Depending on the lighting it looks like a totally different polish sometimes! This would be a lovely shade to wear for the holidays, it's a real eyecatcher.


Winter Hyacinth is a light blue crelly packed with different sized circle, hex and diamond glitters in various shades of purple, pink and silver. 


When a glitter polish has glitter that is shaped different from the norm I expect it to be tricky to apply. I was happy to be wrong with Hyacinth! The glitters were easy to fish out of the mini, I didn't even really have to try to get a good variety on each nail. I like cream jelly polishes, they can appear very squishy and reach a level of opaqueness I really like. This one dried quickly with seche vite and was easy to remove afterwards!


Sparkle-shell is a creamy white crelly with various sizes and colors of hex glitter. It makes me think of a beach covered in glimmering seashells, sparkling in the sunlight. 


If you read the blog regularly you know I'm not a huge fan of white based polish, but I will make an exception for this one. It applied nicely, without the streaking I am used too from white, and didn't give a fight when it came to getting the glitter to evenly disperse on each nail. I like the choice of color for the glitters, I wouldn't have thought of it myself! Dry time was a little slower than the previous polishes but with Seche Vite it was still pretty fast. 


And last but not least, Snapvine, a deep teal base with different sized hexes that bring to mind foliage.


This polish probably wasn't made with Christmas in mind, but the green hex next to the red makes me think of holly, a very traditional holiday plant! The base pulls slightly more green in person, but wanted to photograph more blue. Of the three glitter polishes sent to me to review from Femme Fatale, Snapvine is my favorite! It layers well and the hex lay nicely against each other, creating a lovely deep look. Dry time was quick with Seche Vite, and after doing the dishes I am happy to report minimal tip wear! 



If you would like to purchase any of these for yourself, please take a look at the Femme Fatale Cosmetics page! They also have a Facebook page you can follow for updates and new colors, or you can follow them on Instagram! They do ship internationally - plus they stock a whole bunch of other fantastic brands.

Listings:

Burning Dusk
Winter Hyacinth
Sparkle-shell (DC)
Snapvine


No comments:

Post a Comment