Saturday, October 5, 2013

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Halloween Collection


Part two of the new Carpe Noctem collection - These four polishes are all about Halloween!


I probably don't have to tell you how awesome this polish is - you can tell just from pics!


In the bottle This is Halloween admittedly does not look like something I would like. The base is a brownish orange in the bottle - but on the nail it becomes a vibrant, almost neon pumpkin orange! Scattered throughout are black and green glitters, with some holo. Three coats makes a lovely coverage - but for me the real fun starts when you matte it! I love it so much, can't wait for Halloween to wear it! It dries fast which is great, since I have an issue with squishy jelly polishes that never dry.



The Blob is a pink based jelly packed with purple, pink and lavender glitter of various shapes, including squares and large circles. 


This is SO SQUISHY. I love the depth! What you see here is three coats with no undies. I also had to try it matte - as you can tell these jelly polishes from CNC are beautiful with a matte top coat! It was also very easy to apply, even though it has large circles - which is great because I hate struggling to apply a glitter polish. Dry time was quick and easy!


Fright Night is so pretty, and different from most polishes I have ever tried - this is a clear base with tons of grey spectraflair pigment, in which red holographic glitters float like drops of blood.


At first I was not sure how to apply this polish. Should I use it over a dark undie? Can it support itself alone? Em told me to try it by itself, and holy cow! It's gorgeous! the grey spectra creates an opaque base, and as I mentioned earlier the red holographic glitters are drips of beautiful blood, catching the eye in the sun! It dries super fast and looks very unique - If you get just one from this collection I suggest you chooose this one!



It wouldn't be Halloween without Candy Corn!


Candy Corn is a delicious glitter topper with all the colors one would expect in a tribute to this delicious treat! Seen here over CNC "Samhain Flame", it practically glows in the light. Dry time is super quick and it is almost smooth even without a glitter smoothing topcoat. I had to try it matte of course, and it's awesome!! I love this one a lot - I know there are a few polish makers who have made candy corn inspired polishes out there, but this one is my fav!



These are a limited edition collection, so Em is only offering 5 full sets or 10 or each polish. If you want any of these, run, don't walk! The collection went live today, Oct. 5. Thanks for reading - I will be back from my trip on Tuesday, so look for lot's of reviews coming up in the next week!

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Etsy link
Carpe Noctem Cosmetics FB link



No comments:

Post a Comment