Sunday, July 7, 2013

I added Nfu-oh #50 to yesterday's manicure!



Dusky pink and a turquoise speckle... this is the perfect combination!



         First of all, I will always marvel at how pretty the Nfu-oh Victorian bottles are. 







I have always had a soft spot for all things victorian, and they seem to tap right into that! I store these backwards in my rack to show off the corset and bustle. 

Like this!


Unfortunately, the Opal glitter line is discontinued, as I have mentioned before. I was able to get this polish from a swap! You can still get some of these colors from Fabuloustreet, and I hope to see rumors they are replacing the line come true. 

I was hesitant to layer anything over "Magical Mystery Tour", but at the same time I was eager to see what it would look like. From my googling I found Nfu-oh #50 to be two shades of turquoise flakies suspended in a light lavendar jelly base. I decided to test the compatibility of a duochrome flakie and a multichrome base. 





I had concerns it would completely mute the magical color shift of MMT, but really it pushes it to a whole new level! Sometimes the base is a deep pink with turquoise blue flakes shifting across it's surface, other times it glows a vivid green from within. Not to mention the other color shifts!  I think it turned out truly lovely. If I had to choose one manicure for the rest of my life I would choose this!








It is raining today so I worked with what little sun we had... I hope it is sunny tomorrow! Please excuse the darkness of the following photos, because it allows you to see the amazing flake effect this mani has. 







I am in love. Flakies rule my world! Do you have any favorites I should be aware of? Please comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment