Monday, January 6, 2014

New colors from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics!


Would you like to see the three new core colors added to the Carpe Noctem Cosmetics shop, as well as a group custom I was lucky enough to get? Take a look, I think you'll like what you see!

In case you are curious what a group custom is, I figured I would explain. There are fan groups on Facebook dedicated to nail polish, both in the broad sense (indies, retail) and also more focused (by brand or style of finish). Sometimes if you are lucky, a polish maker will create a dedicated custom polish just for the group! Recently I was able to get my hands on a custom holo polish Emily of CNC made for a group I am in that focuses on loving Indie polish. If you like polish and haven't dove into the world of FB groups, I suggest you give it a try - it's your ticket to meeting people with similar interests!



Amethyst Frost is the group custom Emily made - a delicate purple silver with a soft linear holo. I recently got a macro lens, so I proudly bring you my new format for titles - just look at that beautiful bottle shot!


Amethyst Frost is, you guessed it, a frosty finish polish, which can lead to slightly darker pigmented streaks during application. I found that they settled themselves by the time the nail dried, and because of the holo finish this polish doesn't look dated like some frosts. Depending on the source of light you find, it leans either more silver or a delicate purple. What's neat about frosty holos to me is how in one room it will appear without, only to burst into rainbows in another!


 This is two thin layers, though you might be able to get away with one generous coat instead. Unfortunately this color was only offered for the one time, but if you would like something similar to this Emily has a listing to make your own Custom polish! 


Moss Agate is a jelly based green holo, part of Carpe Noctem's new releases for 2014! 


What a great green this is! I am a real sucker for jelly based holos, and I appreciate Em's talent for balancing the holo pigment and color saturation. This green really does feel mossy, and while it is sheer you can reach fair coverage with 2-3 layers. The holo feels both scattered and linear at times, it really depends on the angle and strength of the light hitting your nails! Dry time was great and what's nice about CNC polish is that Emily is a stay at home mom too, so she designs her polishes to withstand even the toughest of mommy duties! That translates to a long lasting mani for you and me. 




I don't know about you, but I spent a great deal of my childhood obsessed with the movie "The Fifth Element". Okay, let's be honest, I'm still obsessed! I used to rewind (on my VHS, that shows you how old I am) and rewatch the Diva song/ Leeloo fight scene over and over. When I saw the name on this beautiful blue jelly, I got pretty damn excited!

                                       

Fight scene/ Awesome Diva song!


Blue like the Diva and sparkly like stars, this polish is the perfect tribute! This jelly base has more coverage than the green in this collection - this is also two thin layers. I love how this polish appears to glow in the sun! I am also completely in love with the fact this polish matches my hair color almost exactly. I included a lock of my hair in one of the pictures for the collage, to give you a reference. Out of the three new colors this is definitely my favorite! 




Last but not least is Raspberry Beret, a rich red jelly holo that leans a little bit pink.


Of the three new polishes, Beret has the most opaque finish, completely covering the nail line with three thin layers or two generous coats. When I put this on the word that sprang to mind is "Luscious" - Good thing it doesn't smell like raspberries or I would have a hard time not eating my own nails! The holo effect translates to a beautiful shining sparkle in this polish, giving it a nice depth. Should we talk about how this would be great for a Valentine's Day mani yet? I know that they have V.D candy in the stores already but I don't want to jump the gun too much. ;)


Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope you are enjoying the new angles and shots I can get with the macro lens - Can't wait to try it out on a glitter polish. If you are interested in joining the Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Fan group on FB, please search Seize the Night or follow this link!

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics FB business page
Etsy

Her enthusiasm for chicken matches my own for indies!


Moss Agate
Diva D
Raspberry Beret

No comments:

Post a Comment