Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Anne Kathleen - Two polishes from the Cafe Au Lait collection!


Two beautiful polishes from the Anne Kathleen Nail Polish "Cafe au Lait" collection!
It has taken me entirely too long to get my swatches of these polishes up on the blog - If you have been following me for a long time you know that I reviewed this collection months ago, when Fall was on it's way. Now that we are deep entrenched in the throes of Winter, it's a great time to revisit these warm drink inspired polishes!

Hazel is a creamy brown base with scattered golden hex.


Hazel is opaque after two coats, and easy to apply. this polish was really easy to work with! On the nails it layers well to a rich finish. I think AKNP is really great at balancing a glitter polish, and here is a great example - simple enough in concept but when you apply you see the difference in a good polish or a mediocre one. If you like browns this would be a great addition to your collection!


Next up is a ginger shaded jelly, super creamy and opaque.


Ginger is a lovely creamy orange. It reminds me of a melon or orange cream soda, perhaps. I loved how silky smooth the application was, and dry time was great. Orange is not a color I generally go to for nails, but this is definitely pretty enough to reconsider that. It's also a great base for glitter toppers! This is two generous coats with a thin layer of seche vite fast dry top coat.



Head over to Annekathleen.com and take a look - she has a LOT of beautiful collections! 

Anne Kathleen Nail Polish


Ginger




No comments:

Post a Comment