Sunday, January 26, 2014

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics - Chromatic Drake



Check out this beautiful multichrome polish Emily of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics made - named in honor of my son, Drake! 


I've been pretty much obsessed with Dragons since I was a child. As soon as I found out I was having a boy I knew his name would be Drake - and much to my joy he was born in the year of the Dragon! Emily recently designed polishes for the people who have been close to her in her polish world journeys, and I feel blessed to be one of the lucky few. It's so wonderful to find friends that have similar interests. Funny enough, both Emily and I also like WoW, the online game - which has a flying mount called Chromatic Drake! I love when something has multiple sources of similar inspiration. 

Just call me Mother of Dragon ;)


This polish is very hard to describe. Pink/purple base color with a shift to blue (seafoam green?) and many colors inbetween, with just the right amount of holo sparkle to keep things really interesting. Because of the hyper-pigmentation there are a some visible brush strokes, but that has never really deterred me from a polish before! I love how much of a challenge capturing the color shifts on camera were - I'm sure you will find many unexpected ones yourself with this beauty! 


I'm so grateful Emily created such a lovely polish with me in mind - she's really on a creative roll lately too! Chromatic Drake will be available in the core line of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics soon. Make sure and head over to her shop or follow her on facebook to keep up with her new creations. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment