Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The last unicorn inspiration for a contest!

I wanted to show this interpretive manicure I did for a contest on /r/Raop today... The contest was anything unicorns, which I had to jump on! I loved Unicorns as a child and read as much as I could about them. I also loved the movie "The last unicorn", a sad film from 1982 of the last living unicorn struggling to survive in a medieval setting. This movie is pretty intense and I immediately thought of the colors it reminds me of - Flame orange and ocean blue.

Water and fire, Good vs Evil.


So I started with 3 coats of Nfu-oh #54. It is too sheer a color to really stand up to wearing alone, but I do like how the flakies look! I added a layer of Revlon Chromachameleon "Aquamarine" with a topcoat of Orly "Sparkling garbage". For the flame on my accent nail, I applied a layer of Essie "Jelly apple" over the Nfu, then topped it with Essie "Shine of the times". It looks pretty but it didnt dry very well because there was just too much there. I am happy with the effect but would take more time between layers if I were going to wear this for more than a few minutes. I want to revisit the Nfu as a base under a sheer color in the future.

One coat of Nfu-oh #54.



I love Sparkling garbage over everything! This is pre cleanup.



This was my inspiration image:

I need to watch this movie again!


Inspiration from the epic ending of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment