Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More fun with Octopus Party Nail Lacquer!


When Dave of OPNL saw my last post, he sent two more polishes over right away! I am both flattered and excited, because his brand is definitely one to watch! 


I think I am starting to get my rhythm back when it comes to swatching... As the weather starts to warm up, my motivation is growing along side the leaves and grass! 



I expected Plume and Bloom to be more sheer from the bottle, but was pleasantly surprised to find it opaque in two layers. It is nicely balanced between being thick enough to dry smoothly but still being thin enough for easy application. I did not use any base coat to achieve this look, just three thin layers dabbed and spread into place. 


In the Etsy listing, Sex with my Ex is shown layered to create an opaque look, but I wanted to try something different. I used one coat of it over Literary Lacquer's "Leaping Greenly" for a cute spring look. It makes me think of a tiny field of flowers on each nail! I love the tiny holo glitter balancing the slightly larger pink and magenta hex, and the base is clear so it doesn't distort the base coat of your choice. Decidedly more satisfying than actual sex with your Ex, and a far better decision!


I can't wait to see what else Dave comes out with - I guarantee it's going to be awesome, whatever it is! Check out the links below if you are interested in seeing more of what he has going on currently!

Octopus Party Nail Lacquer



Wanna check out more of my stuff? 



No comments:

Post a Comment