Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let's get to know: Anne Kathleen Nail Polish


I was sent these two beauties for my honest review. All polishes from the AK brand are cruelty and 5 free!

First up is Fern, a mossy green base with scattered holo glitter. This polish is textured, which is usually not my gig... but after applying and cleaning up I found myself thinking that it's pretty awesome, even for a textured polish.

This is three generous coats with plenty of dry time between each, topped with Poshe fastdry topcoat. The base color is shimmery and the glitter catches the light very easily. This polish is on the strong side of texture, I was not able to smooth it out much even with a thick topcoat - but it's still pretty great.


Linnea is a milky base with a shift to pink, holding scattered silver glitter and the occasional pink/silver heart.


Here I have used it over Zoya "Gei Gei", a very light icing pink. I love how delicate the glitter is. The hearts gave some resistance to being fished out, but I wouldn't have wanted it to be packed with hearts on the nail so I actually prefer it this way. I applied a matte topcoat for some of the pictures.


Because of events that have happened recently, I am going to initiate something new - when a polish is sheer and I use an undie for pictures, I will include a picture of it with nothing under, to give you a better idea of what you will be buying. Below is three coats of Linnea with nothing else, no topcoat, no undies.


You can find these and several other lovely colors on the official Anne Kathleen website. Please go to her FB page and give her a like as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment