Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gothic Gala Lacquers - Charity polish "Vallis Sanguine"


This reddish purple holo is a charity polish made by Gothic Gala Lacquers to help out a friend's family who has fallen on hard times during the recent Government Shutdown. 

She asked me if I would review it for free, but I insisted on paying for it - I know the girl, and I wanted to help as well. It is so sad to hear of poeple who were hit hard by recent events... I often wish I could help, but don't really know how. I love the idea of small scale charity, where you actually help a real person you can talk to and see the help assist. 50% of proceeds from this polish went towards helping Emily and her small family make it through no WIC and no paycheck for her N.G husband.

Gothic Gala has really been tightening up her formula - this polish is great! Smooth application, a bit sheer at first but with three layers ( as you see below) it is opaque. It dries quickly, I used Poshe fastdry topcoat to make sure of it though! What I like about this is how easy it was to clean up, with no cuticle staining. Let me tell you, as a blogger I feel one of my biggest irritations is staining of the cuticles while I am trying to clean up a mani to make it "camera ready". Reds, blacks and blues are often guilty of this to some degree!



Here is two coats of Vallis over a dark base - As you can see it turns more purple, but is still gorgeous. It has a lovely linear holo, catching the light quite easily. This polish reminds me of Lilypad Lacquers "True Blood", though it is more sheer.


If you would like to grab this lovely purple/red holo for yourself (while helping out a lovely family!), head over to Gothic Gala Lacquers Etsy! She is also releasing new polishes soon, which you an hear about if you follow her FB page! Thanks for reading - I will be posting a second review later today as well, so stay tuned!

Gothic Gala Laquers:
Etsy:
Facebook:
Vallis Sanguine listing:

No comments:

Post a Comment