Saturday, October 5, 2013

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Samhain Collection


Today I have the first part of the newest collection by the lovely Emily from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics -  these four polishes are meant to evoke the feeling and meaning of Samhain! 

I love the idea of celebrating all holidays within a season. Samhain is a celebration of the cycles of Life and Death, and taking time to reflect on those who are gone but not forgotten.


Reflect is a gorgeous duochrome, shifting from blue to teal and purple. It has larger pigments, which I actually really like - Most of the duochromes I have tried are either super tiny pigments or glitters. It's very easy to find the color shift with this polish, and it looks awesome alone or over a darker base. Application is so smooth and wonderful and dries super fast, just like every Carpe Noctem polish! THIS IS THREE COATS OVER A DARK BASE.


Have you ever found yourself staring into a fire and getting lost in your thoughts? As the nights turn colder and the days grow shorter, it is a perfect time to get introspective.


Reflection in flames is a gorgeous glitter topper full of black squares and flame colored hex and other shaped glitters. I used it here over another Carpe Noctem polish, Gorgeous Gourd, which I think is a great pairing. What is lovely about this glitter topper is how the light catches as you move your fingers! It dries well and is almost smooth, but I like to use a thicker topcoat under my fast drying HK girl to smooth out any bumps. Em sent me her Glitter Smoothing topcoat and it works great!


If you have ever lost someone, you know that they are never truly gone. During Samhain, much thought is put into the lingering presence of loved ones that have died, and a place is set at the table for them, to show they are not forgotten.


A place at the table is a beautiful glitter topper PACKED with red holographic hex and the occasional heart. I am not normally one for hearts but Emily uses glitters that are slightly smaller to ensure they fit well on the nail and dont lift or peel. I used it here over NN3000 Mysterious, a look I really love! I have been lucky enough to not lose many people in my time here, but I love the idea of wearing this polish as a tribute.


Last but certainly not least we have Divination, a gorgeous golden orange duochrome.


Ranging from a bright orange to a firey yellow, this colorshifter is gorgeous. It stands well on it's own, needing only three coats to be fully opaque. If you put it over a darker base you eat the color shift, but you get a lovely yellow. Either way this polish applies so smoothly and only needs three coats to be fully opaque! I really love this one and Reflect best from this collection, but I am a known sucker for duochrome of any kind. 



If you want to get any of these, hustle over to Carpe Noctem Cosmetics - these are only available for a limited time (with limited numbers!), so they can all be considered Limited Editions. Emily sells minis, mediums AND larges, so you can afford these no matter what your polish budget!

Coming up tomorrow (or later tonight!) will be part two of her release, the Halloween collection!

Etsy link
Facebook link





No comments:

Post a Comment