Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Three awesome Pretty & Polished polishes!


I've seen Pretty & Polished all around the FB nail polish community, but had not tried them before - what a mistake that turned out to be. Come check out the three polishes I got to swatch! 


The first polish is My Friend Dahlia. When I first applied this polish it went on a rich purple with a sparkle. I got distracted by my son and when I next looked at my nails, they were a vibrant pink. For a moment I thought I might genuinely be crazy, until it dawned on me that this must be a thermal polish! Purple when cool, pink when warm, this polish is quick to change and very easy to apply. What you see here is two coats, with a thin layer of seche on top. I really liked how smooth this polish felt while applying, and the dry time was nice too. Definitely an awesome polish - I spent way too much time playing with my nails under the faucet, haha.


Green Eyes and Stormy Skies is a dark grey to green shifter, with subtle flecks and a sparkly shimmer. It's a perfectly stormy looking color for the weather lately! The shift is strong and the colors really suit each other. Application and dry time were easy peasy, and it wore well through house chores - always a big plus!


Last but certainly not least, Love Bytes, the exciting glitter polish I showed FB followers a peek of on Valentines Day. Love Bytes has holo micro hex tightly packed in a bright pink cocktail of glitters, speckled with small purple hex. You can use it as a topper or layer it to create an opaque look - either way you won't be able to stop looking at your nails! Unfortunately it was a LE polish this year, but you might be able to find it in private sales!


If you are digging these polishes as much as I am, make sure to check out the Pretty & Polished shop, and follow them on Facebook! Thanks for taking the time to read - please follow me with the GFC widget on the side bar!





No comments:

Post a Comment